Looking to upgraded your yacht club launch or shuttle service? Look no further. With the ability to accommodate more passengers than similar launches of its size, this 26 Duffy makes your sunset cruise, mooring launch service, and ferry needs a breeze.
The DUFFY 26 hull is molded in solid Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic with a vinylester skin layer and full length longitudinal foam cored stringers; the hull is white gelcoat. The solid fiberglass skeg and full keel protect the propeller. The interior deck and seating are a single mold in FRP with foam coring at walking surface. All deck, step, and seating areas are molded; the surfaces are white gelcoat and the non-skid painted a light gray.
- Current 24 passenger C.O.I. – Includes all USCG required stability certifications for 24 passenger and 1 crew at the current 185 lb weight requirement
- Built to United States Coast Guard specifications
- Includes all USCG required construction inspection certifications
The fuel tank is a single, 49 gallon tank, aluminum construction with a black coating on the exterior, 2in fill, 3/4in vent, 5/16in pickup, 5/16in return, from RDS Mfg. with USCG Certification. Installed on FRP pads on center, between longitudinal stringers, under the deck aft, and accessed by separate hatch. Fill and tank are electrically bonded.
The single exhaust, from the 3in diameter mixing elbow on the engine, is a Centek Fiberglass Wet Muffler, marine wet exhaust hose with stainless T-bolt clamps. Running aft, 3in FRP tubing, hose is used to connect the muffler to the Centek thru hull exhaust fitting, with rubber flapper valve located 4in above DWL in transom.
The electrical system is a standard 12 volt marine system using one Group 31 wet-cell marine battery with the positive wired through a battery isolation switch to the engine starter and a fuse panel in the console. Battery cables to engine and isolation switch are 2 AWG marine assemblies with a 10 AWG connection to the fuse panel and negative buss. All wiring is marine grade minimum 14 AWG, copper stranded with 105°C insulation, UL listed, and color coded per ABYC Standards. All alarms are located at the operators console. All wire connections are appropriately sized crimp-on rings with adhesive, waterproof shrink tube. Wiring is labeled for ease of maintenance. Two waterproof rocker switches on the console activate the running lights and the courtesy lights in the cockpit.
Lifesaving and Safety
- Life Vests – Type 1, with reflector patches and name of vessel, 25 adult and 3 children. Storage is in two locations, the majority in an opening deck box on the centerline just abaft mid-ship, the balance stored in the bow.
- Ring Buoy – Type IV, 20in white, with name of vessel, and integral web straps and grab lines, secured to the vessel with 60ft of 3/8in UV resistant polypropylene line. The automatic floating strobe light sits in a stainless bracket adjacent to the ring buoy and attached to the buoy by a 6ft lanyard.
- First Aid – First aid kit, general purpose.
- Signal Horn – Portable, air powered.
- Emergency Anchor – 14 lb. Danforth-style, with 100ft of 3/8in nylon line and 6ft of quarter-inch chain.
- Flashlight – Rubber case, waterproof, 2 D-cells stored inside console.
- Bilge Pump – Manual, 10 gpm and a 6ft hose.
- Ladder – Emergency man overboard. Emergency Tiller – 316 stainless steel.
- Fixed System – The single, rechargeable, manual/automatic BC extinguisher, using 125 cubic feet of HFC-227 clean flooding agent, is installed horizontally inside the forward end of the engine cover with a manual discharge cable mounted on the operators console. The Fireboy Xintex, Inc. Model #MA2-125-227 is coupled to an automatic engine shutdown system, Fireboy Xintex Model #ES-3000-1, indicator panel mounted on the console with discharge alarm and light.
- Fire Extinguisher – 2.5 lb. Class B-1, dry chemical agent, rechargeable with gauge, mounted on the starboard side of the operator?s console.
- Fire Extinguisher – 10 lb. Class B-2, dry chemical agent, rechargeable with gauge, mounted in forward locker.
- Emergency Fuel Shut-off – Manual pull cable with tee handle on the console adjacent to the fire pull, connected to the fuel tank valve.
Engine and Mechanical
The DUFFY-26 Launch is offered in a Standard Package Yanmar Power Plant, 80HP, 4JH480, mounted to the longitudinal stringers on aluminum beds. (1300 hours) This is coupled with a Zf 25A hydraulic transmission with a 1.93:1 gear ratio. The gearbox is joined to a 1 1/4in diameter Aquamet driveshaft through a DriveSaver coupling. The fuel filter is Racor, USCG approved.
Call Steve McDonald at Stellwagen Yacht Sales for more details 781-974-3318.
- Make: Duffy
- Model: 26 Launch
- Model Year: 2021
- Designer: Atlantic Boat Company
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Hull Design: Semi-Displacement
- Condition: Used
- Class: Downeast
- Hull Color: Stars and Stripes Blue
- Fuel: 49 Gallons
- Main Engines: Yanmar 80HP 4JH480 – 1300 Hours